Thursday, April 22, 2021

Week 13 - Earth Day!

Emily Pinto

EDEC 4571/81

4.22.21

Week 13 -- one more week to go! I must admit I'm excited for the semester to be over, but I will be sad to leave my MT's class. It's such a great group of kids and for the most part, they really enjoy learning. This week was conveniently Earth Day for my science lesson, so of course my topic was Earth! My teacher did a lot of conservation activities throughout the day and leading up to my lesson, so I did something a little different. I had read this book about Earth to the students (the book is told from Earth's point of view -- she is telling the reader all about her 4.54 billion years of life), and then I had them write a letter to an alien about why they should come visit. 

Overall, it went very well. The only thing -- which was the same challenge as last week -- is that the lesson was right at the end of the day, so my pacing and timing at the end was a little rough. It seems so rushed when the last couple minutes of class time are the kids trying to pack up and leave! But it's okay. My MT said she would give the students some time today to finish the letter so we can "mail" them to space. 

Next week is my final lesson -- my second literacy lesson. I'm honestly feeling very confident. I think I've learned a lot this semester and the practice has been really valuable. Here's to one more week!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...