Sunday, May 2, 2021

Week 14- Last Day & Final Blog!

Jarrell Harris 


Final Blog

 

Thursday was such a quick day, I taught my final lesson and taught out of my comfort

zone, connecting my MT’s hovercam to my laptop. The lesson ultimately turned out

to be a success. My MT allowed me to walk the students to the bathroom, I am happy and glad to know that she has grown to trust me overtime. In addition to that, the students have immensely become accustomed to me. In celebration of my last day, we went out to the playground and soaked up some sun. Following that, my MT allowed to me to come in and lead a game of charades, it was soooooo FUN! The students truly had a blast! The students did not want me to leave, it was bittersweet. My MT and the students presented me with a padlet on the smart board, with: notes, GIFs & drawing from the students. The students expressed how much they would miss me and how they didn’t want me to go. I shared some tears, I am truly going to miss my MT and certainly, the students. I was even able to leave my MT and the students with encouraging words and lots of gratitude! 

 

    • 2 strengths going into FE and now

Going in-

1.     Communicating and collaborating w/ MT      

2.     Easily connecting with the students

Now-

1.     Swifter at developing lesson plans 

2.     More flexible and adaptive 

    • 2 areas that you improved

1.     Balancing work and time-management 

2.     More savvy with technology 

    • 2 areas that you still need to work on
      1. Differentiating 
      2. Posing questions that students
    • most fun experience
      • Doing a Go Noodle dance with my MT and the students for a first time, whew, it was funny and an unplanned workout.
    • most challenging experience
      • Teaching under deep thoughts of my father passing, but with I did it
    • best lesson taught and why
      • Best lesson: Teaching ‘comparing fraction’ using my MT’s hovercam, the students enjoyed it and participated heavily
      • Why? It stretched me out of my comfort-zone
    • worst lesson taught and why
      • Worst lesson: Science lesson (Earth Environments)
      • Why? I had numerous of laptop notifications popping up on my screen while I taught, in addition to that, I had a very intricate time share my screen and making content visible for the students to see
    • 3 things you learned specifically from your CT
      1. How to simultaneously cater virtual and in-person hybrid students when teaching 
      2. How to grade assignments on Google Classroom
      3. How to virtual manage students 
    • 3 things you learned about yourself
      1. I am more willing than I thought I was to learn from other teachers  
      2. My heart is even more for the ECE field, it makes me happy teaching kiddos!
      3. I have the ability to manage more than I thought I could manage 
    • 3 things you learned about children/students
      1. They are like sponges and have the ability to learn with no limits 
      2. They are fully capable of bringing knowledge to the table – that I can learn from
      3. They mean well and simply need proper guidance 
    • 3 things you learned about the education field
      1. It is a very demanding field
      2. It requires and deserves dedicated educators
      3. One big family of diversity (I love it!)
    • what you wish you had done differently
      • I wish I would have purchased a monitor, this would have helped the flow of my teacher smoother 
    • what you are excited about in terms of student teaching
      • I am super excited about impacting little ones, meeting families as well connecting with more seasoned teachers!
    • what you are most anxious about in terms of student teaching

·      I am most anxious about teaching properly and accurately

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...