Saturday, February 6, 2021

Week 2- Getting to Know More!

 Yasmine Mustafa

February 6, 2021

On Thursday, I was so excited to hop onto my Mt's class! I had such a great first day the last week that I was so excited to join them again. Although I wish we were in person my MT makes it a great effort to do just as well online! We started the day off with a question which was, "Would you rather eat a taco without cheese or without meat?" It was a great start to the class because the students had so much fun answering. On Thursday, I was able to do break out rooms with the students. I really enjoyed listening to them read to me. Before reading, I asked students some questions about the cover of the story and what they could assume the book would be about for those who have not read it yet. They did a great job doing so. While they were reading I stopped to ask questions to make sure the students were paying attention and engaging at all times. The students were awesome! I really enjoyed having a break out room with a few kids to work with. 

My MT does so much with her students, that they are so excited to come to class. Towards the end of the class, My MT created a word document for all her students to create funny taco sentences.  The students were so creative and hilarious! My MT does such an amazing job with her students that I am truly grateful for the opportunity to work alongside her. I know that it is only week two but, I have learned so much so far, that I am excited to see the rest of the semester! She has also provided me with tips and ideas for my future classroom that I will definitely carry on with me. My MT has such a great relationship with her students/families that my Mt and I stayed on Google Classroom an extra 45 minutes talking to one of the students and her parents. It was reassuring to see how much the parents confide in their child's teachers especially in these extraordinary times.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Yasmine, I also wish we were in person!! Something i'd definitely rather be doing than observing over our laptops or even teaching through google classroom. I feel that we do really need that one on one experience as it would definitely be so much more beneficial for us. Anyways, i'm glad you had a great first day & even second day with your Mt's class. I loved your question of the day considering Tacos are my favorite! You seem to be having such great experiences with your Mt & hope the best for when you do teach yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...