Saturday, February 6, 2021

Week 2 – Getting Comfortable! More questions from the students..😊

 

By Brenda Johnson

February 5, 2021

I was so excited to join my MT’s class today. The students were equally eager to see me in their class again. They had so many questions for me, but my MT told them that we will save questions for me for the end of class. Today we continued the math lesson on money. We watched the same video as last week  and did a little more practice. My MT introduced the students to kahoot. They had fun doing it while learning some math skills. I will definitely use this when I teach my lesson(s).  In literacy, the students worked on their weekly spelling words. Students wrote the words, wrote down their definitions, draw or found their pictures from the internet, and made sentences with the words. I enjoyed being part of this lesson.

My Mt has an admirable relationship with her students. I was so impressed at how much/well she knew her students in spite of the fact that school teaching and learning have been happening virtually since the beginning of this school year. My MT also never seizes to amaze me with her classroom management. This kid kept saying he was sad, mad, very sad! He said it and also typed in the chat. Other kids started saying they were sad too. The class was becoming rowdy, my MT spoke to the kid that started this in a manner and with words that made every child on the call  feel love and a great sense of belonging. She later informed me that she reached out to the child’s family and found out that the reason behind his behavior in class. I thought it was nice the way she handled the whole situation. I can’t wait to join the class next week!



1 comment:

  1. Hello Brenda,
    I am so glad to hear on how excited you were to join your MT's class. It is such a great feeling as well when the students are just as excited. These field experiences are going to teach us so much in our future classrooms that it is great that you are already taking some of your MT's teaching into consideration!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...