Friday, February 5, 2021

Week 2 - No More Jitters!

 February 5th, 2021

By: Kate Drish


The second week of observing my MT was just as great as the first! In such a short time, I've already become so comfortable with the students as well as with the content they are learning. It definitely helps that my MT posts the daily schedule so I am reminded of what to expect. My MT is also nice enough to post copies of the worksheets that the students do since I don't have the hard copies. I really appreciated that, as I was able to follow along and better assist the students when working with them in small groups. Every time I was in a breakout room, the students got excited that I was there to help them. We worked on the assignment together before spending some time to talk and get to know each other. In one of the breakout rooms, the students and I were talking about teachers because a family member of his was one. He said he wanted to become a teacher like me and my MT. When I asked him if he wanted to teach big kids or small kids, he said, "NOO, not big kids!!!" It made me giggle because I feel the same way. I will always love teaching the little ones. 


My MT informed me that she was going to be out the next two Thursdays, so I won't see her for two weeks. She gave me the opportunity to "take over" the class while she was gone. Though I'm still a bit nervous, I told her I would love too. Thankfully, I will have a sub to support me. It seems as though my MT has full confidence in me which is reassuring. I just hope that I am able to handle class the same way my MT would and that the students respond well to their teacher not being there. I'm also concerned about not having the exact materials on hand that the students do. Hopefully it will go smoothly, but I will update you all next week! I think it will be a great experience before I teach my first lesson in two weeks!


 
The students were learning about cause and effect within informational texts. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kate,
    I am so excited for you. The opportunity to "take over" is an excellent opportunity to practice before your actual teaching. As scared as I would be to teach, I would take the chance to get as much experience as I could. Do not forget to share your experience with us. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...