Thursday, April 8, 2021

Week 11- Spring Break is Over!!

Jarrell Harris 


Yay, back in the building after Spring Break, I truly missed the students. I was nice to see their smiling faces. My MT and I had a great discussion about Spring Break, her and her family went to Wisconsin Dells. I can tell that she really enjoyed it and needed the break. I forgot to mention, a few of the students even informed me of what they did for their Spring Break and asked me to share what I did; I am happy the students feel comfortable with sharing their experiences with me. I gained even more experience, I was able to supervise the students as my MT ran to the office, I walked around and checked on them to see what they were silently reading.

 

Moreover, I was able to support one student who creating a depiction of the Titanic, it was an opportune moment to encourage her as she didn’t feel so happy about her sketch.  Leading from that, I was able to walk the students back to the classroom for music. I am grateful that my MT believes in me. More exciting news: I taught my final literacy lesson today on main ideas and supporting details, it was amazing and fun (playing the game during the AS). This time I was very competent and way more comfortable teaching. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jarrell,
    I'm glad your lesson went over well today! Literacy is my favorite subject to teach. I also taught a lesson today but it didn't go over as well as yours did. I guess we all have those days. I am happy that the kids are opening up to you more! They are so sweet when they tell us about their day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jarrell,
    I am happy to hear about your successful lesson. The literacy lesson was also one of my favorite lessons to teach. I cannot believe how quickly we are approaching the end of the semester.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...