Thursday, April 8, 2021

Week 11: Social Studies Lesson

 Sara Kent 

April 8th, 2021 

Today I taught my fourth lesson: my social studies lesson. I taught it on comparing and contrasting the two versions of “The Tortoise and the Hare”. I read the students the native American version and we filled out a Venn diagram comparing and contrasting the two of them. The lesson was going well until I ran into some technical difficulties. This was the first time I taught both the remote learners and the in-person learners and it was stressful. I had a plan in place of how I was going to go about this, and it blew up in my face. I wanted to put the kids in break out rooms, but I didn’t have access to put them in breakout rooms because I am not the host, so my MT had to do it. Then, when I tried to use my doc cam to project the Venn diagram it wouldn’t project. That threw off the rest of my lesson as I got flustered and anxious. When it was over, I was just so glad it was done. 

 

 



                                           

 

 

We are three weeks out to being done with the semester and I cannot elaborate enough at how happy I am to be almost done. This semester has been exhausting and I’ve had plenty of breakdowns. I will miss the kiddos and working with my MT, but I am looking forward to a break. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! I'm sorry to hear that you ran into technical difficulties but I'm glad you were able to push through and get through it! Just think, three more weeks and were done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah! I am glad that your MT was able to assist. Yeah we prepare and make plans but we never know how things will go for sure. Well you have 1 more lesson to teach and yes 3 more weeks to go!!!.. Someone said this semester is their toughest and hardest ever and I believe that it is the case for most of us. But we are all going to be alright in the end! All the best dear.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...