Thursday, April 8, 2021

Week 11 - Math in the Best of Times

Emily Pinto

EDEC 4571/81 

4.6.21

So this past week was awesome. It was nice to see the kids back from spring break, I really have enjoyed interacting with them throughout this semester. I have been getting more comfortable in the class -- helping my MT with various tasks as well as helping students with their work. As we close in on the last few weeks of the semester I am increasingly saddened that the experience will come to an end!

I taught my math lesson this week, and I'm very pleased with how well it went! I think I definitely improved from my first lesson and I hope I can continue with the improvements as I continue to teach the next 3 weeks. I was admittedly a little nervous teaching math, because not only is math my weakest subject, but this NEW math that students are learning is very different from how I learned at their age, so I had to pretty much teach myself the strategies they are familiar with prior to learning. I guess thanks to this, I was way more prepared for the lesson so that is a silver lining! I am happy that the remote students successfully used the pattern blocks website I provided for them. I was a little nervous about that since the in-person students were able to actually use physical pattern blocks and I wanted to make sure the remote students had a similar experience. But it worked out! Overall, a very successful Week 11. I look forward to teaching Social Studies next week!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily, it's nice to hear about your week in the classroom. I also feel like I am making improvements as the weeks continue :) I am to teach the next few weeks and I really am excited! I totally understand your anxiety about teaching math, it has definitely changed over the years but with the help of our methods course, it will get easier to teach, with the right tools to use! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...