Thursday, April 8, 2021

Week 11: Happy birthday Alle!


By Brenda Johnson

April 8, 2021

This week I went two days for field experience. I had to make up some hours, so I went in on Monday for that. It was a very fun day! I was excited to meet the students I had not gotten a chance to since students have different hybrid schedules. One of the students on learning that I was going to be in class on Monday decided to move her birthday celebration forward. We sang songs, danced, played, and listened to her share things about herself. My MT has a board that students help her fill out when its their turn to celebrate their birthday. The board was a black chalk board. I told her Loved the idea! I might just steal that for my future class.

Today I enjoyed listening to the students share their answers to the question of the day. The question of the day today was ‘What is your favorite magical/ mythical creature and why?’.  My MT told them that they could create their own creatures, the kids are so smart and creative. They added pictures and other details to describe their creatures. I also enjoyed watching my MT practice shared reading in the classroom today. The students were actively participating and ready to answer questions. I think I will use this strategy in my next literacy lesson.

All about me birthday chalk board


1 comment:

  1. Brenda that is so nice you got to meet the other students! That is one thing I'm sad about is that some of the students in my class I only get to see online as well, because they come Monday and Tuesday.
    I also really like that shared reading idea. I think I may have to use that in my final literacy lesson as well!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...