Saturday, April 10, 2021

Week 11: Car trouble/ remote from home

     By: Jamia Royal 

Date: 4/10/21

    This morning started off a bit rough for me. I caught a flat tire getting onto the expressway this morning. I immediately notified my professors and MT and everyone was very understanding and checked on my safety. Once my situation was taken care of, I was able to join the classroom from home like we been doing, although I would rather be in the building with the children. This is the first week back from spring break. This is my first time observing the hybrid and remote students from home. Something I noticed is that when my MT uses the whiteboard the children at home are not as engaged as the students in the classroom when using the interactive whiteboard. It also seems like my MT geared that part for the in class students even though that was not the case. 

    During math the children noticed they did something different during the math lesson today which was going into breakrooms. Students went into breakrooms to come up with word problems that went along with the given numbers. The children enjoy going into breakout rooms and I enjoy being able to listen to their ideas and help their thinking.

    Overall, the day got better and I was able to still plan with MT my next lesson on Thursday and even gave her my ideas on my last lesson which is science. She told me pretty much  I will be able to get creative with my last two since they are not following under a specific curriculum that week. I am excited for next week. :) 



 

1 comment:

  1. Aw I'm so sorry to hear about your car trouble, that must have been really stressful! I'm glad that you were still able to join your CT's class remotely. That also sounds like fun that you were able to help the student's in their breakout rooms!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...