Sunday, April 11, 2021

Week 11: 2nd Literacy Lesson

Mary Fayta

4-8-21

    This week I am teaching my second literacy lesson. My lesson is on nouns. My lesson did not go how I had planned, I was disappointed. I had the students do a Jamboard activity (pictured below) and I had them categorize words into noun or non-noun slots. Then I had them circle the noun in the sentences. I wanted the students to be able to interact with the Jamboard but they were not able to for some reason. We had practiced using the Jamboard before spring break and it worked fine but for some reason today the kids could not move the pieces. So I ended up doing it for them. I also had a slide on the Jamboard where the kids could type in their own noun. I thought the kids would enjoy this part because they would get to play with Jamboard a little but it did not work. Overall, I think my lesson went ok but I was a little disappointed. 

    This week my CT had to watch a few of the kindergarteners during indoor recess (it was raining). It was nice to see a few more kids in the classroom. The kids followed along to a drawing tutorial and it was really fun to see all of their drawings. I am looking forward to my social studies lesson next week as I hope it will be an improvement to this week's lesson!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...