Sunday, April 11, 2021

Week 11 Back from spring break

 Paulina Kedzierski

March 8, 2021

I am officially done with teaching! Today was definitely less stressful because I did not have to think about teaching. During the day, I assisted students with their assignments. While the MT worked with a Guided Reding group, I worked with an in-person group. The students had to choose two tasks to complete that required coloring and practicing the spelling list's vocabulary. I had six students in a group, and I must admit that it is not easy to accommodate everyone. By the time the students were finished with their activities, I had determined that the students must be reminded of the rules before any assignment. Few minutes into working on their activity list, students wanted me to help them. To assist every student, firmly, I told them that when they need my help, they will have to get my attention, but then wait until I am done helping their peers. Quickly, they understood, and I was able to help every student. I am grateful for the in-person experience! Every week, I find ways to assist every student when working in small groups. I was always afraid of not being able to help all of my students, but now I know that with proper classroom management, I will successfully instruct my classroom. Slowly, I am getting the hang of many responsibilities that teachers have towards their students, and I am able to see myself managing these responsibilities, something that I had trouble with before. 



1 comment:

  1. Hello Paulina,
    Awh Yay!! I bet it is a huge relief to be done with teaching. I am glad that you are able to work with students and adapt to their accommodations it will really help you when you have your own class!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...