Thursday, March 25, 2021

Week 9: New Classroom

 Sara Kent 

March 25, 2021

Today was a unique day! My MT was out for the day, so I spent the day in her partner teacher’s classroom next door. It was so cool to see how another teacher goes about her day and manages her classroom. It was also nice to be in a classroom with Paulina as well! The students in this MT’s classroom are very different from mine as they seem more timid than my kiddos but they are just as sweet. There was one student that I met that was very behind on the content as he hasn’t been engaged in school for almost a year. He quickly warmed up to me and asked for help on his work which I was happy to assist him with. The one thing that I kept thinking was I don’t know how I would help so many different kids at once when I am eventually in my own classroom. I know it takes patience and practice to be able to take care of the needs of all of the kids so with that in mind I love learning new strategies. 

 

I got to see Paulina teach her last lesson today which was so cool! She had a science lesson, so she had the kids do an experiment on sound and vibration. The kids each got a glass bowl and some wrap on it with sprinkles on top of the wrap. They could only use their vibration in their mouth, the humming sound, to make the sprinkles move. It was so funny to see the kids all humming at the same time to try to make their sprinkles move. It was a great experiment and the kids really loved it. It was neat seeing how one of my fellow classmates teaches and engages with the kids. With that said, I can’t wait to see my kiddos again after their spring break! 

                           Sound and Vibrations 2: Make Sprinkles Dance | Lesson Plan

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sara,
    I have noticed that the students are more comfortable with me each day and with who comes to visit like you did this week. The experience is so much different in person versus the remote. The remote students, now, are getting more open to asking me questions.
    It was nice to share the classroom with you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...