Thursday, March 4, 2021

Week 6 - On my Own

 Stefanie Flory 

March 4th, 2021

    Today was so reassuring! With the return of the students into the classroom, my MT has a lot to prepare for. When I spoke with her yesterday, she seemed very overwhelmed with all of the things she has to do and prep in her classroom. I decided to offer to help her, in any way I could. I suggested that I would meet with the students live in the morning and help them with their morning work. I was so excited, it was really my first time working with the whole class by myself.

I had so much fun with them, even though I wasn't teaching them any lessons or doing any activities, just being able to work with them and answer their questions was so fun for me! I also think it gives the children the opportunity to build on our relationship as me being the teacher, instead of the "guest" in the classroom. It really made me feel good and I was glad I was able to help my MT so she didn't have to try and set up her classroom while remotely teaching in a google meet. 

Next week will be even better! I get to meet my MT on Thursday and teach my 2nd lesson - literacy! 

I can't wait!! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    kudos to you- taking the initiative to operate in leadership, this will enhance your ability to lead the classroom. Keep rendering the help, this will innately build your awareness on how to interact with your audience. Also, from experience with FE, the more you engage with the students during their morning routine- they'll anticipate your presence during the mornings.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...