Thursday, March 4, 2021

Week 6-First lesson

 March 4, 2021

Amy Mustafa   

    Today was an asynchronous workday as all the teachers were at the school getting things ready for when the students go back into the school next week. The day began "live". My MT posed a question for their "Three Things Thursday". She asked " “What are your three favorite books? Do you have a favorite Dr. Seuss book? Why are they your favorites?" She posted the question on Google classroom and had the students answer on their own. As my MT was getting things ready at the school she put me in charge of assisting the students on GoGuardian. Before the day started she sent me a Google doc that had a list of students who needed help with sight words and addition and subtraction. During This asynchronous workday, I would overall answer any questions the students may have had and also assist them with whatever it is they would be working on or struggling with. I helped a few students In individual breakout rooms with addition and subtraction problems. Some students were using their computers for things unrelated to school so I also closed tabs here and there and made sure everybody stayed on task. Overall today was a very busy day for the students and I.

    Today was my first-day teaching. I taught a Literacy lesson on story structure. This month, the students at Crete Monee are celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday. I had the students engage in listening to the story of, The Cat in The Hat & after completing a graphic organizer on it. I was somewhat pleased with how my lesson went although it would have gone smoother if I did not have technical difficulties. Google classroom is something I am not used to using and I feel that my next lesson will go a lot smoother. I definitely feel that if I was in person I would have managed the overall class better. I also feel that 30 minutes is not enough to teach a whole lesson. Yes, I was nervous as it was my first lesson but I look forward to teaching again next week.



2 comments:

  1. Amy, It looks like you had your hands full today. Unfortunately, we cannot control the technology. My modem is with me in my room, and still, during my first lesson teaching, the system kicked me out. As far as our lesson's timing, I agree with you that 30 min. is not enough to engage with children remotely, especially when you have twenty children eager to share their thoughts or stories. Soon, we'll have an opportunity to try our abilities in a classroom!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy, I am glad you were able to get through your first lesson! I definitely agree that a 30 min lesson is a bit hard to get the students engaged and the content across. I know your next lesson will go a lot of smoother, keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...