Thursday, March 25, 2021

Week 9 - Literacy lesson

 

By Brenda Johnson

03/25/2021

Today I taught my first literacy lesson. This was the first time I was going to be teaching students in person, so I knew it was going to be a little different. When my MT and I tried to set up for my teaching, something went wrong. Everything shut down! Her computer was not responding, the smartboard would not work, I was so worried. My MT put in a tech. ticket, but we knew that it could take a while, possibly days for those to be attended to. We were able to figure something out just to get my lesson going. I had to email Dr. K to inform her of the situation of things just in case. My MT was super helpful and ready to assist, alongside the kids she makes my day at the school interesting and memorable.

 

Thankfully, my lesson went well. It was nice to have the students in person, I liked handing them materials and watching them participate in class. Students were eager to learn, the enjoyed our topic compare and contrast. We discussed similarities and differences in American and Chinese culture. We talked about food, language, and schooling among other things. Today went by fast, before I knew it, it was time for the kids to leave. I think the kids keep you occupied! I have come to love these kids; they bring me some special type of joy. When students said bye to me today, they were quick to say they were going to miss not seeing me next week. I reassured them that I would be there when they came to school the upper Thursday.  I am glad that it all worked out in the end. I think this was my best teaching yet! 



1 comment:

  1. Hello Brenda!
    Reading your first paragraph worried me so badly!! I was like I hope she says that she was able to figure it out!!! You did! That is such great news. I am glad your mt was able to assist you and have everything ready for you to teach.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...