Thursday, March 25, 2021

Week 9- Social Studies lesson: Serum Run!

Jarrell Harris 


Today was of course, another exciting day to be in the class with the kiddos. I discovered that a couple of teachers I used to work with are currently working at CSK. I met another student who wasn’t present last week, we both seemed to be happy to introduce ourselves. I am always grateful for opportunities to monitor the classroom, my MT stepped out and I was able to walk around the classroom- assisting and checking on TS. It was very engaging today; it was super fun doing a Go Noodle dance with TS and the MT. It was also cool walking the kiddos to lunch, there’s nice system with having designations for cold lunch students and hot lunch students.

 

More exciting news: I taught a social studies lesson today; the lesson I taught was on the heroic dogs of the Serum Run. First, I have to express that I’ve never heard of the Serum Run, it was extremely interesting generating the lesson because I learned a lot myself. I am proud of myself, I notice a lot of progression, even my MT informed me that I did way better. I look forward to teaching my next lesson so that I can try out another lesson feature -like a jam board. My MT is truly the bomb.com, she gives great advice for every lesson I have created, and I make sure I take head. I am truly getting into the swing of teaching remote and hybrid learners simultaneously. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...