Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Week 8: Literacy lesson Hybrid

By: Jamia Royal 

3/23/2021

This week was the children first week back in the classroom. I was excited to actually see some of the children person and not behind the computer. This was group B and also their first day in the classroom, so they had to adjust to the classroom environment and also make sure they are abiding COVID guidelines.  My MT is still trying to adjust to using the smart board as she mention she just learned on Tuesday. Having the children, the classroom makes me and get a chance to feel some type of normalcy during this time. My lesson focused on the central idea of the story Oscar in the Moth.  I think my lesson went better than my first, but still need some work. I was a lot more comfortable and had a better grasp of the information. I think I started off well by first setting expectations of the lesson, making sure they raise their hand, they are staying on mute and cameras on all times. I started with introducing the book then going over with the central idea is the anchor chart was brief, so I continued with the interactive Google slide where children identified 3 pictures and came up with the main idea. Students did a fair job with coming up with the main idea of the pictures. My initial plan was to go over the power words before starting to read the story, but I forgot, so I decided to review them after the story, it kind of still worked out. I should have used the reading sticks to ask the questions during the reading. Each lesson I jot down my do’s and don’ts of each lesson. I think about what I could do differently to make my next lesson better. Teaching hybrid is a new adjustment, you have to make sure you pay attention to the children online and in the classroom as well. My MT is always such a big help with planning and using her station. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...