Monday, March 22, 2021

Week 8 - Back to "Normal"

March 22, 2021

By: Kate Drish


This past Thursday was so much fun! I finally met some of the kiddos in person! I'm so glad they were just as excited to meet me too. Having the students back in class really felt like the world was getting back to normal. Though some things were different, like eating lunch in classroom and everyone having their own desk shields, I'm so lucky to be able to gain the experience that I am during this field experience. The students, both remote and in-person, still met on Google Classroom for our meeting. My MT wanted me to spend most of the day observing to get a feel of how she engages and interacts with all the students. One thing that I really liked is that my MT takes turn calling on students who are at home and online. I feel as though this is a good strategy to make sure all of the students are staying engaged. It also reminds my MT and I to acknowledge not just the students in class.

Towards the end of the day, my MT let me take over more lessons as I covered writing and science. Next Thursday is my first literacy lesson! I'm excited to be over halfway done with my lessons. Each time, I'm getting better and better! My ultimate goal is to get proficient in accommodations and differentiations as this is where my biggest struggle is. 

As I observed, I reflected a lot on being a teacher. It was amazing to see my MT navigate the craziness that is COVID-19. Teachers really are superheroes. I cannot wait to be one myself and have my own classroom of students! (Hopefully) by then, I can have them all face-to-face and be able to give out hugs and high fives again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...