Sunday, March 21, 2021

Week 8- The Kids are Back!

 Yasmine Mustafa

3-21-21

This Thursday was great! This is the first time I was actually able to interact with the students in person! Although there weren't many it was really great to see them. It is much more different online then in person. I loved being in person so much! The kids were so sweet! I was able to talk to them and able to get to know a little more about them. They were excited to be back. They were saying how they did not like online school at all! I feel that now they are back in class it will be much better for them academically. Lunch was super sad though, the students were seated two to a table. They pretty much were alone and it was super sad because lunch time the students are supposed to sit together and talk and enjoy time with one another. I understand the circumstances, hopefully things will go back to normal ASAP. I guess "normal" is not the term to use because honestly what is considered normal these days!

I had a new experience on Thursday! I was finally able to teach my lesson to the students in person!! It was my first time teaching a lesson to students in person. It went super well in my opinion. They were super engaged and eager to learn. Setting up the classroom for hybrid was a bit challenging though. I had two laptops set up and a webcam. It was super crazy. I was able to do it though with only a couple of technical issues. I taught a literacy lesson about character traits about a book called "The Recess Queen". The students loved it! It was a book a few were familiar with but, they still enjoyed the lesson. Can't wait to teach next week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...