Thursday, March 18, 2021

Week 8: Lesson Redo

Emily Pinto   

EDEC 4571/81 

3.18.21

    
So the first week with students actually in the classroom went well! I’m always so amazed at how resilient children can be -- how they can easily adapt to new situations and adjust to new environments with such ease. There were only 4 total students in class today -- a few were absent from the expected 7 -- but it was alright. I think the biggest challenge is teaching the remote students AND the in-person students simultaneously. I really admire how my MT has adapted to that, if she is struggling with it, she sure isn’t letting on!

I had to reteach a portion of my literacy WG lesson today. I think it went a little better this time. I tried to change the format of my google slides as well as added a little more scaffolding to the research DI. It was a learning experience for all the students, as well as myself. I think I got some valuable feedback from both Dr. Kelly as well as my MT as to how to adjust my lessons in the future. I don’t teach again until after Spring Break, so I am happy to have plenty of time to prepare!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...