Thursday, March 18, 2021

Week 8- Teaching at the School! (Hybrid & Remote learners) :)

Jarrell Harris 


As I sigh, whew, is all I can say. Today was a very thick and festive day. I of course, had the jitters knowing that it was my day to teach. My MT met me at the main office again, we walked and discussed my lesson plan’s readiness. My MT walked me down to this 1st grade wing to consult with others about considerations with using technology to teach. My MT and I spent about 30 minutes during the morning attempting to connect my laptop to the smartboard, it unfortunately did not work out (we really tried though). 

 

Here’s exciting news: I taught with hybrid students being present, I was slightly nervous because I wanted to give them the best version of myself. I was bittersweet seeing their faces beyond the screen (in-person). One of the students immediately acknowledged me upon walking in. I am so happy about the experience; I was even able to walk some of the students to the bathroom. My lesson went well, of course, technology is very unpredictable, but I rolled with punches and taught without allowing technical issues to hinder. I really look forward to gaining more experience with teaching and assisting the students in-person. It was truly a stretch for me, ensuring to include the remote and hybrid students within the lesson experience, I am proud of myself. 






2 comments:

  1. Hi Jarrell,
    I am happy that your lesson went well! You should be proud as you are the first bunch to teach the hybrid method so kudos to you! I also enjoyed seeing the kids in person. They knew who I was and were happy to see me which made me smile of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job Jarrell! I am glad that you had a good day and that your lesson went well. Yes you should be proud of yourself! It was really a great experience with the kids today! Good luck in your remain lessons.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...