Sunday, March 14, 2021

Week 7! Back in person!!

 Yasmine Mustafa

3-11-2021



Today was our first day back in person! It was super nerve wrecking. I had so many thoughts that were just flowing through my body non stop! My MT gave me a little tour around the school and introduced me to other teachers as well. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. It felt so weird being in a school with no children but, hopefully they will be back soon. As the day began, my MT took me to the copy room where she showed me how to make copies. We made about 160 copies of packets that needed to go home with students. The teachers emailed parents and guardians about the different times for pick up. We collected all the packets, books, and materials that were needed for the students. Even though some are going to be hybrid there were a couple of students who were most likely not coming back. So we gathered everything they needed to be able to do their work from home! I did not realize how much work and time was needed to gather everything for the students. My MT and I were able to get it done in no time and ready for pick up! 

I taught my second lesson but, my first lesson in person. It felt really good to be back in the classroom because I felt more confident to teach. Being in a classroom is a huge difference compared to my teaching from my basement! My Mt was right beside me and providing me with great feedback that kept me going. I taught Math. I was so nervous because honestly Math is not a subject I am to confident with and now I was going to teach it!! I did pretty well though. I actually had a lot of fun teaching it and the students were actively engaging throughout so it was a really good day for me! I can not wait to go back and continue teaching the rest of my lessons!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Yasmin, I also taught my math lesson this week. Math is also not my greatest subject & having to teach it to our little learners was very nerve wrecking! My lesson was on telling time. As a child it took me a while to understand the difference between the minute & hour hand! The objective of my lesson was for the students to have a better understanding of how to tell time on an analog clock. Having known the students were introduced to telling time before my lesson, I felt that the students had prior knowledge on time which is why I began the lesson with a short pre-assessment. At the end of my lesson I gave each student a worksheet that had many different times on it and they had to write the time that they see on the analog clock next to it. It was truly relieving seeing the improvement that each child had made! Hope you continue enjoying the rest of the semester with your kiddos

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...