Sunday, March 14, 2021

Week 7 Finally in-person

 Paulina Kedzierski

March 11, 2021

Thursday was a day full of new and exciting experiences. We started in-person observations and first time teaching a lesson from the school setting. I have taught of a social science lesson about wants and needs. It is definitely a different experience versus remote teaching, where everything is in my room and ready to go. I had everything ready the day before, but still, I was nervous that I will forget something. I decided to use a real plant for my anticipatory set, and I almost forgot to take it with me. In-person observations and teaching were definitely overdue. It is a totally different experience than sitting at home in front of the screen (in my sweat pants :). The students were still remote, but they already noticed that both of us are in a classroom. One clever student determined that by looking at our backgrounds. Smart little guy!

I am a little bit nervous about next week. Not because students will there but because I am afraid of teaching my lesson, with some students being in-person and some still remotely. I will have to figure out how to accommodate all students and include them in my lesson. 


Finally, it was so nice to see familiar faces from Zoom. It is hard to believe that we did not meet some of our classmate's face to face. Some of us were able to see each other during DAP last year, but it was only for a short period of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...