Sunday, March 14, 2021

Week 7 - Back to the Classroom!

March 14, 2021

By: Kate Drish



This week's FE was great! Not only was I able to go in the classroom, but I also was able to meet my MT in person! To say she is wonderful, is an understatement. My MT and I click so well and we had the best conversations throughout the day. She definitely makes me feel more comfortable and confidence when teaching. When I walked into room 5, she already had a desk cleared for me to work (complete with a name tag and everything!) She had asked if I was comfortable teaching some lessons and I was overjoyed that she felt that I was ready to start taking more responsibilities over classroom tasks. Before our Google meet, she gave me a tour of the classroom and school and introduced me to some of her coworkers. She seemed really excited that I was able to help her out this term as she is teaching in person and online simultaneously. 

As the day went on, my nerves settled and I continued to do more and more to help support my MT. I ended up leading our math, reading, and science lesson! It definitely ran smoother having the materials on hand! The students all responded really well with me taking over the lessons and I think the extra experience really helps in the long run! While the students were participating in their independent work, my MT and I cleaned the classroom, decorated, and overlooked Go Guardian. I'm so thankful that we had time to bond and get closer. She was able to show me materials she has, lessons she's written, as well as different tools she uses for classroom management! She even gave me my own "desk pet" (a small silicone bear) to keep as a reminder of my experience in her classroom this semester. I'm so excited to be back on a normal schedule and begin teaching the kids in person! These last few weeks of FE are going to be great! 


In a breakout room teaching subtraction using a new tape diagram strategy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate,
    I am glad that you and your MT click. I feel that it is such a great feeling. Especially because you know that the support is there and it makes our time in the classroom so much better! Love the pic btw!!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...