Sunday, March 14, 2021

First day meeting teacher in person!

March 14, 2021
Amy Mustafa



I was assigned to go to Crete Monee & today was finally the first day we got to actually meet our teachers in person & go into the school! Although, we still had to teach the students virtually on google classroom I enjoyed the experience of  teaching in their classroom & not at home. My MT initially started by showing me around her classroom & where she keeps all her material, which are things I would most likely be using myself as the year goes on. My MT showed me were the school has their printing room & also instructed me on how to work the school printer. She had me print out the packet assignments for the students for when they do come pick them up later in the day. 

On my first day in the school, I taught a science lesson on the different states of matter. Both my MT & I were surprised that a few students knew that nitrogen & helium were both gasses. This comes to show that second graders are so much brighter than what we may think! The lesson went very well although I would have wished the student were there in the school with me. Next week, a few students will be coming into the school & I will be meeting them in person for the first time & I cannot wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...