Thursday, March 18, 2021

Week 8: Welcoming Kids Back!


 Sara Kent 

March 18, 2021

Today was the most fun I've had this semester because we welcomed 8 students back into the classroom. It was so nice to see these faces that I have come to know online in person. The main task today was figuring out how to teach in person and remotely at the same time. My MT had the kids that were remote up on the smart board so they could see us and we could all see them and she also had the doc cam on when she wanted to do work together. For me, I got to walk around a lot more and help out the kids that were in person while my MT was teaching a lesson so any little questions that the in person kids had I would answer. There was also a time where my MT left me in charge of the remote kids while she helped the in person kids. I think It was helpful to have me there so we could each take on a group instead of having her do it all herself.


I was relieved that I have a bit of a break from teaching so that I can get a feel of what my MT does as far as teaching both remote and in person. She is still figuring out but as of right now I feel like she has a pretty good handle on it. The kids are so patient with her as she figures out this new way of teaching which is nice and I try to help out when I can. 




2 comments:


  1. Hello Sandy,
    I am glad to hear that you had a good day during the first day of having kiddos in a classroom. I taught a lesson with students remotely and in-person, and my nerves got to me. As much as I would what all kids to be in a class, I am glad that we get to experience both teaching methods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara!
    I am glad you got a break from teaching so you can observe how your MT runs online and in person teaching. I am sure you are a big help inside the classroom. Definitely exciting seeing the kiddos in person! Glad you are enjoying field :)

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...