Thursday, March 18, 2021

Week 8 - Little people in the classroom!

 By Brenda Johnson

3/18/2021

Today was another different and special day. I met some of the students in person! At about 8:45, my MT and I went out in the hallway to welcome our kids. It was a somewhat emotional moment for all of us; just like me, my MT was meeting these set of kids for the first time. The students were so happy to be in person. One of our kids that was supposed to start today did not, we think that the family might be changing their mind about their preferred method. The students began their day with breakfast at 9am and took a bathroom break afterwards.

This experience was like no other so far. I had to work with students and outside the classroom and it was a great learning experience! Since some of our students were new to the school, my MT took us on a tour of the building. We called it group walk. She also seized the opportunity to tell students about the rules to follow when in the building. I believe that today was the most I have been involved with the students.  My MT told me that they tried teaching both in person and remote kids at the same time, but it was not working. So, they decided to teach them at separate times and reduce whole group to only for morning meeting and sharing. While my MT taught the remote students, I supervised and assisted in person kids. I ensured that they were on task and did not have any problems.

I had so much fun today. I assisted my MT in putting up a bulletin board, watched my MT interact with the students, interacted with the students, worked out with the kids during P.E, enjoyed some minutes during lunch with my classmates, got my steps in (11,000 by the time I was leaving CSK). Next week I teach a lesson, I am excited!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda!
    Wasn't it exciting to meet the little kiddies today! I'm so glad that you got a lot of experience today! That is so cool that you got to join in on P.E class, I bet that was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a very successful day, Brenda! I also enjoyed meeting a few of the kids in person, but I agree, it is VERY challenging teaching both groups (remote and in-person) simultaneously. It just seems like some kids get left out no matter how hard you try! Hopefully next school year will be better for everyone.
    I will say it's very nice to see the kids getting that healthy, social interaction with their peers.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...