Friday, March 19, 2021

Week 8: Meeting the kids in person!

 Mary Fayta

3-18-21


    Today I got to meet three of the students in person! It was exciting to finally see some students in the classroom and not just over a screen. My MT showed the students to their desks and described how they should set up, as this was their first time in the classroom. Today was fairly similar to last week as the students were very quiet and they knew what they needed to do. The in-person students still logged into the meeting and worked on the same thing the remote students worked on. I was hoping that my MT would do something more fun and engaging with the students who are in person but sadly she did not. Maybe in a few weeks once the kids are more settled there will be more opportunities for in-person activities.

     I did get a few opportunities to help the students on their independent work which was really nice. Even just the little things such as walking the kids to gym can be really fun as we haven't been able to do that in so long. I also started planning my next lesson with my MT, as she will be on vacation during spring break so her and I will not be in contact the week before my lesson. My MT was super helpful and she even let me borrow a few of her books! I thought that was really kind of her. To end the day, the kids had some extra time before the bus came so they followed a drawing tutorial and it was really fun to see all of their cute drawings!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary! I enjoyed reading your post for this week. I also agree that it is such a joy being able to help the students independently IN PERSON even if we are just walking them to the bathroom. That was nice of your MT to provide you with some books to borrow and aw kids love to draw, it can also help us with looking at what their creativity is!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...