Friday, March 19, 2021

Welcome back friends! ⏰

March 18, 2021

Amy Mustafa 

On March 18, 2021 I finally got to meet the students I have been joining in class on Google meets. The students were all excited to see me in person as I was to see them.They were all shorter than I thought they were but we're just as adorable as I knew they would be. As soon as the first student came in I was greeted with a, "Good morning, Ms. Mufasa"! From one of my favorite little students who never knew how to pronounce my name. On my first day introducing myself I related my last name to the movie the lion king, I told them that my last name is like Mufasa but instead I spell it differently and pronounce it differently. That one student held onto calling me Ms. Mufasa & I had no problem with it! 😂

    Moving on overall, it was a great day. My MT had told me that her students were struggling with the concept of time. I tried my best to teach them how to tell time and read an analog clock. It wasn't easy teaching both the students in person and online but I believe I managed to grasp the students overall understanding of how to tell time. I would show the current examples of different times and allow the students to tell me what time it was. At the end of my lesson I had the students complete an Exit ticket which had them look at different analog clocks on a worksheet in next to it right at the time that is shown. It truly made me so happy that most of the students showed an understanding of how to accurately tell time.  This lesson was not perfect but I do hope by the end of the semester things will get easier and I will have a full grasp and understanding on how to teach students in-person & virtual. 


1 comment:

  1. I am glad our little friends are excited to be working with us in person! That's so cute how you compared your last name to the lion king. Clever way for children to learn your name. I am glad you are adjusting well with the kiddos and working hybrid. Continue doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...