Thursday, March 11, 2021

Week 7 - First Lesson

Emily Pinto

EDEC 4571/81

3.11.21        

Today was a pretty awesome day; not only was it the first day in the actual classroom but I also taught my first literacy lesson. Overall, it was really great finally getting into the class. It was nice to meet my MT in person, and see a couple of classmates working nearby during lunchtime as well. My MT is still very nervous about having a class that is half remote and half in-person at the same time, but I'm hoping that with my help for the time-being it will be a gradual ease-in to a new routine. 

As far as my first lesson went, I think it went great. The kids and I were really vibing together and with the exception of a few who rarely participate, I had a great engagement from them. The IP/Collaboration activity was a bit of a disaster. I tried to do a google slides thing where the kids would go into breakout rooms and find the definitions of some words in our text and put them in the slides, but somehow someone deleted like half the content on the slides! I think we recovered okay from it, but then I was informed that professor wasn't able to see the breakout room activity, so I'm really kicking myself over that. What a stupid mistake.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to reteach it, hopefully it goes better next time. Please no more stupid hiccups like that this semester!



1 comment:

  1. Hey, having the children to vibe is a great component, this brings upon participation. Oh no, silly technology, it is so unpredictable- I am glad you readjusted during that hiccup. Also, count the reteach time as a benefit, children will get double insight.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...