Sunday, March 7, 2021

Week 6- Almost Back In Person!!

 Yasmine Mustafa

3-8-2021

Today went great! Originally, we were supposed to be asynchronous. I was super upset because I just love being in the classroom! My MT then reached out to me and asked how I would feel doing small groups with all the students throughout the day to make sure they are doing their work and staying on task. I was thrilled when she mentioned this because I just love the kiddos I am with. She mentioned how it was going to be a super hectic day for her because she is trying to get her classroom and schedule ready for when the students come back. I told her not to worry because I could handle it. She was super relived when I told her that I would be okay and she could finish everything that she was doing. She taught me everything that I needed to know about each kid, which level groups they are in, etc. So, it was something I was familiar with. The day went extremely well! She also messaged me saying how great of a job I did throughout the day with the students.   

When the day began, My MT told me that we were going to hop onto our google meet with the kids to just go through that day and how it was going to look. My MT told me to stay on after the students left. It was just me and her and she told me that she had to call one of the student's guardians to let them know that their child is behind for his grade level. She asked me if I would like to stay on and listen to the phone call. I told her definitely, I knew I could learn a lot from this. I stayed on the phone call lasted for about twenty minutes it went extremely well. She informed the guardian that we will work as a team to make sure we are doing everything we can to ensure academic success for their child. The guardian was super understanding and was willing to do whatever it took for their child to be on track. I took a lot of notes from this phone call because I know as educators it is something that we are all going to have to do throughout our careers. Overall, it was a great day!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...