Sunday, March 7, 2021

Week 6-First FE teaching lesson!

Jarrell Harris 

Wow, I taught for the first time, I was so anxious. I must say, I truly enjoyed teaching and the experience was enjoyable. The students were super engage and attentive. I am confident that a did a swell job at teaching. My MT was proud of me and informed that she thinks the lesson went well. I am so happy, the relationship I built with the students fueled my excitement to teach. 

I absolutely agree that there is room for growth, I need to practice more with presenting from Google-meet (ensuring that I am only sharing content that's being taught). I'd say, finding a better mechanism to be aware of the students who are participating, this'll prevent me from calling on the same students. Next time, I'd be sure to be conscious of features to exit it out of when teaching from the Google-meet platform, this'll permit me to see more of the students' screens. The students were so nice and helpful, telling me what tabs/features to close out of. Overall, the teaching experience truly opened my eyes to real life of teaching virtually; the experience stretched me (opened another level virtual thinking). 






1 comment:

  1. Hi Jarrell,
    It is totally normal to feel anxious and nervous your first time teaching! I was the exact same way!! I am sure you did great! You said it yourself you are confident in your teaching! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...