Thursday, March 11, 2021

First day back in classroom & First day teaching

 By: Jamia Royal  

3/11/2021

 Today was the first day in the classroom and I also taught my first lesson. First off, I can honestly say I am excited to be back into the classroom, I missed the classroom environment. I was not that confident with teaching at home because using google classroom was a bit hard for me. I could not see all the students and I would not be able to call on everyone, so being in the classroom is much better for me. As soon as I walked in my MT classroom, I observed the classroom set up and materials around the classroom. Students have shields around their desk due to COVID. We had technical difficulties with the internet at first, but IT came in and was able to fix the internet on my computer. We started with our morning routine with a morning song, calendar, and weather. We moved on to the math lesson and it was time for me to teach.

    I first introduced the topic with a PowerPoint and then we quickly reviewed comparing numbers and number bonds. My MT was a lot of help because I was not too familiar with how she had her laptop set up, so she was there to help if needed. I had the students using their whiteboards to interact with the lesson and that went well. We did the problem of the day together and then I explained the independent activity. I went over a few problems that had looked different from what we worked on like the equal sign being first and how to solve a subtraction problem. While the students were working, I would let students know if they needed help to raise their hand and I would help. One thing that went wrong with my lesson, was the exit slip. It did not upload to the google classroom, so the students just completed it in their workbooks. One thing that went well with my lesson was being able to understand and teach the content and having students actively engage in the lesson. One thing that I could improve in my lesson is being a little more tech savvy while working with google classrooms. I am very excited we are back in the classroom and next week we will have students. I teach for the rest of this month and I know I feel more confident in my upcoming lessons.








1 comment:

  1. Hello Jamia! Congrats on the success of your first lesson! I remember feeling exactly how you felt and even a little more tensed. I like that you used the white board with the students. I have not gotten to do that yet, maybe I will in my next lesson. I am so excited to be back in person too! I feel like it will be easier to do our lessons. I am glad that you feel more confident. All the best in your other lesson! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...