Thursday, March 11, 2021

Week 7-First Day in the Building!!

Jarrell Harris 


Ooooh my, where do I begin? Today was such a great experience. I walked up to the doors of Coretta Scott King anticipating a very unusual(due to COVID-19), but fun encounter! Whew, I finally was able to meet my amazing MT in-person. My MT literally met me at the main office as soon as I walked. The school is huge and very spacious. It took me down memory lane, I have not been inside of a school building since the beginning last year. Majority of the staff were extremely welcoming!

So, my MT and I worked very well together in the classroom, she makes it very easy to follow her lead. Today, I was able to gain more virtual lead experience with the students: attendance, sending out announcements and assisting students who did quite understand certain concepts. My MT had a rolling desk available for me upon entering the classroom. I was able to assist my MT with stapling report cards. I was able to meet the music teacher and the art teacher in-person. My MT and did a lot of technology trial and error today. Some of the students were inquisitive after discovering that my MT and I were stationed in the same place. I really look forward to teaching in the building next week!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jarrell! I'm so glad you had such a nice first day. It was so nice seeing you at lunch! I agree with you that it was weird being a school again as it has been a year of not being in one but it was so nice to be in one again even though its a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jarrell! I agree that walking into the classroom this Thursday was a refreshing, yet strange moment! I feel as though it has been so long for all of us. I'm glad you had a good, welcoming experience! I look forward to hearing how your next day in the classroom goes!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...