Thursday, March 11, 2021

First Day in the Classroom - In person

 Stefanie Flory 

3-11-21

    What a great day!! Finally today was the day,  it felt so good to be in a classroom! It was so exciting to meet my MT for the first time in person and get to see her classroom. I can say that this is one of the days that makes me feel so grateful to be in the education field. I really admire all the teachers out there right now, that are doing all they can to ensure their students are successful in the classroom, remotely or in person. Teachers really don't get the credit we all deserve! 

    As far the day went, I taught my second lesson today, literacy. I think that the lesson was great. I was super nervous in the beginning because I realized that now that we are in the classroom, I don't have another screen like I do at home to help monitor the children while I teach them. I expressed this concern with my MT and she was great! She actually was able to pull up the meet on the SmartBoard, so I could see the students! This really helped me in making sure I was able to call on the students and see them participating along with me in the lesson. My lesson was about American and Japan culture and although I was unsure how the lesson would go, being in the new setting, I feel like I improved from my last lesson. I am so excited to continue to progress and grow more in the upcoming weeks to come and better yet, getting to meet the STUDENTS next week! I am beyond ready to meet the children and work with them in person. I wish my MT had more students returning but now we both will need to manage both in person and remote learners and make sure they all feel included!! Can't wait for next week😃

Part of my lesson was having the students use a sentence stem to compare something we do in America in comparison to something that's done in Japan. Here is one example of a student's sentence!                                                






No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...