Thursday, March 11, 2021

Week 7: First Day in the Classroom

 Sara Kent 

3-11-21

Today was a great day! It was our first day back in the classroom and while the kids weren't back yet it was nice to see them. They had a new schedule today for when some kids do come back in person next week so they were online longer than they normally would be. It was so nice meeting my MT in person today and seeing her classroom. My MT made a point to me that usually her classroom is a lot more vibrant but because of Covid restrictions she couldn't bring all her furniture back into her classroom such as the couch but I told her that we will make it work. It will feel more vibrant when there are actual kids in the classroom I think. 

This week was my first week in 3 weeks without a lesson so it was nice to just kind of sit back and observe my MT and taking a break from lesson planning. I got to assist my MT with getting together the kids bins that will be at their desks with their individual supplies. The kids thought it was so cool that me and my MT were in the same room together. They kept asking to see me on my MT's camera which was cute. I can't wait until next week when I get to meet some of the kids in person so that I'm not staring at my laptop all day. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,
    That's so cute that the kids were so interested in why you and your MT were in the same room! I'm glad you had a great first day it sounds like you had a lot of fun! It's been nice to get back into the classroom, I know we're all excited to me the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara,

    I am so glad you had a great first day in the classroom! Im sure that all our classrooms will be so much more vibrant when the students are there with us. Hopefully next week will be an even better week for not only you but for all of us when we do meet the students in person!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...