Friday, February 19, 2021

Week4: Teaching Today!

Mary Fayta 

2-18-21


Today was a very hectic day. In the morning I was logged out of my account and I had to email IT to help me get back in. Then my computer overheated and when I turned it back on my camera was broken. Luckily my brother was able to lend me his portable camera for when I taught later in the day. I missed out on a lot of observation time but I am making up the time on Friday. Once it was 1:00pm I started my first ever math lesson! I have never taught math before and I was appreciative to my CT for helping me pick out a topic and she also gave me an idea for one of the activities.

My lesson was on 2D and 3D shapes. It was a lot of fun teaching the kids! I also got a lot of teaching experience with this lesson. I used household objects to show different 3D shapes. The kids did a great job! I was able to get a lot of experience with students at varying levels. A lot of the kids were doing really great with their 3D shapes, while others were still stuck on 2D shapes. So the kids helped me get experience explaining the topic. I think my lesson went well, the kids were really engaged and they seemed really excited to share their 3D objects. The math lesson was a struggle to create remotely. I would have liked to give the students more materials but we made do with what we had and I think it went well.

Here is a picture of one of the Google Slides I created for the lesson.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary!
    Oh my Goodness! I am so sorry that you had to go through all that. I am glad that your lesson went well. I agree that it is difficult to create a math lesson to be taught remotely. I had a hard time planning my lesson as well. I teach my Math WG lesson this coming Thursday. I hope for the best. We all got this!😊

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...