Sunday, February 21, 2021

Week 4 - Oh Technology!!!

 

By Brenda Johnson

2/21/21

Today was a day! I taught the students a Social Studies lesson. I decided to do this to help me prepare for my actual lessons. The lesson went well but for some trouble with technology. When it was time for me to share my screen, it did not work. My MT was very helpful. She asked that I send her the materials I needed for the lesson. She shared my materials on her screen. The kids did great! Before my lesson, the students did their DOL and question of the day. Today’s question was Who is your hero and why? Students had so much to write about and were eager to share. I joined the students to play khaoot, they were so excited!

 

During literacy, the students  compared American English and British English. This  was fun for because when I learned English language 10 years ago, I learned British English. I had to start learning American English when I moved here , I am still learning American English . Students were thrilled at the differences between these two dialects. My MT told me about a new program they started using . It used to be called spelling city, but it is now Reading A-Z.

I am now even more involved in the classroom. My MT left me in a room with some of the kids while she worked in another . I answered the kids questions and helped them the best way I could. I was also able to monitor them on Goguardian. The students are  become used to having me in the classroom , in fact they expect it now. During one of the small group sessions just as I was joining, I heard a kid ask my MT” Where is Ms. Johnson”, MT told her I was joining. That made me smile! Even though I am  excited to teach the kids, I am also a little worried about tech. I hope everything goes well.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Brenda!
    I taught my lesson as well on Social Studies! I had trouble with technology as well so I understand how you feel completely. I am happy that overall you had a great lesson and that your MT was able to help!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...