Sunday, February 21, 2021

Week 4- Social Studies lesson

 Yasmine Mustafa

2-21-2021

Today was the day I taught my first lesson!!! I was extremely nervous sine this was technically my first time teaching to students virtually. I was the last one to do my lesson on Thursday, I was counting down the hours until it was my turn to go. I kept thinking about the other girls who were teaching their lessons and I was wondering if they were just as nervous as me! I remember telling my MT how nervous I was and she just kept telling me, "You are going to be fine, it happens to all of us but you will do great." It was reassuring to hear that. I was teaching a Social Studies lesson, and it focused on four presidents! The students learned all about what a president is and all about their roles! They also learned about how these four presidents made huge impacts in our history!!


Teaching my lesson, I was so happy that the students were excited to learn about presidents and how engaged they were. I was so nervous that they would think that it was boring and they would not pay attention but, it was the complete opposite they loved it!!! They continued to ask me questions because they wanted to know more! I did have a couple of things go wrong with my technology. It made me a little upset but, thankfully I had a plan B because I knew with technology something could always go wrong. Although things didn't go as planned I am happy that I was prepared and did not loose confidence in my teaching. I feel that this is a huge thing that educators need to work on. Sometimes when things do not go as planned we get a little discouraged but, that should not be the case because you do not want the students to feel discouraged as well. 















2 comments:

  1. Hey, I understand your gitters behind teaching from this content area, social studies can often bore children, but you nailed it! As teachers, we must remember to always create lessons that will cause children to learn while simultaneously grabbing their attention. Keep it up with the lessons that you are generating and you'll continue to spout as a future ECE teacher. Your lesson was apparently effective, way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...