Sunday, February 21, 2021

Week 4: Building Constructive Relationships

Jarrell Harris 

Hello,

This week involved another interesting day of observation, I was able to finally meet the gym teacher. The gym teacher and I together managed GoGuardian while the MT taught. I noticed how much of a huge load it takes off the MT when I am assisting with keeping the students on track through GoGuardian. Dr.H, as you stated before, the extra monitor would be a great idea as it becomes time for me to fully teach in the virtual world. One thing I really enjoyed is raising my hand to answer questions along with the students, this in a sense inclined their participation. 

I was able to read another Monarch book that related to Black History Month, the students truly enjoyed it, the name of the book is, "LET THE CHILDREN MARCH." How interesting, listening to all the students who chose to participate- share out lessons they learned from the story/their morals of the story. Another great opportunity I had was being in the breakout room with my own group of students, assisting them with math. I was able to connect with my group of students on another level while being the host of a breakout room, learning their favorite games to play and what they had planned for the weekend. I am so grateful that my MT is providing me with lead opportunities, the students are become more acclimated to my way of interacting with them - they ensure that they greet me, etc; constructive relationships are manifesting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...