Thursday, February 18, 2021

Week 4 - Math Lesson

 Paulina Kedzierski

February 18, 2021

Another week and more funny anecdotes were made by students. So, today students shared more of their picture writings. I talked briefly with my MT about that type of writing, and she mentioned that the kids really enjoy writing funny stories based on pictures. Today, they shared their stories about the picture of an elephant with butterfly ears. One of the students wrote a store where he connected two pictures, one from last week (the giraffe) and today's picture. What a creative student! I could see how eager the students were to share their stories!

Today was my first time teaching a math lesson. Overall, I think it went pretty well. The students were engaged, participated, and answered questions. For my AC, I did a scavenger hunt, and with 19 students, I felt bad picking just a few to share their objects. So, I tried to include everyone, and that took a big chunk of my time. But, we were able to work on some math problems, and they completed the Google Slides exit ticket. I will check the results tomorrow since they have today to complete. 



I almost forgot about one meeting that took place during the free screen break. My MT asked me if I would like to observe her assisting 5th graders with their Exhibition Topic. They were interested in germs and the human body, so we helped them narrow down their topic to flu. There were able to come up with some good questions that will help them when researching the topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...