Thursday, February 18, 2021

Week 4- Celebrating the 102nd day of school! 😀

February 18, 2021

Amy Mustafa

Today marks the 102nd day of school at Crete-Monee! My MT's class does not celebrate the 100th day of school but do celebrate the 102nd day because they are in fact in 2nd grade!! I loved how my MT incorporates the grade she teaches and the grade the students are in , in the day of school they celebrate. The school day began with another fun activity, “Three things Thursday!”. The students were asked, what 3 things they would like to do before they are 102. I loved this activity as it also taught me more about each student as they said a number of different things like; what jobs they see themselves doing in the future, what they hope to do when they grow up, or even the many different places they would love to visit. The students next engaged in a fun drawing activity. My MT read the students a poem called "Green Giant". This poem Included many descriptive imagery and the children were told to close their eyes and draw what they imagine in their heads as the poem is being read to them. We then shared our images & got a number of adorable drawings of what they thought this green giant looked like.

I had the opportunity of playing two fun And educational games with the students. The first game focused more on literacy. This game is called Sight word bingo. I was put in breakout groups of three including myself. My MT would share with us a link that leads us to a drag and drop bingo game. On my end I would have the spinner that had all the different words that I would call out and on the students end would be a bingo board. I would call out the word that the spinner lands on and the students were to drag and drop the word on a bingo sheet. Just like a typical bingo game they would take turns and had to have five words in a row diagonal or horizontal. This was super fun and the prize was a virtual hand-five from me. The second game focused on math in regards to the concept of addition. Students were put in groups of two. This game included dice and a piece of paper in front of them. Two virtual dice would spin with it just a push of a button And the students were to add the two dice together and come up with a number. They would Take turns spinning the dice and add every number the land on. This game was super exciting for the students as it was a competition between each other. Overall today was very exhausting but such a  beneficial day.  



1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy! Your MT sounds pretty creative to celebrate 102 days of school, a cool way to be different while others celebrated 100 days of school. I am glad you got to play the educational games with them, sounds like you are well involved in the classroom! Glad you had a good day with your class!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...