Sunday, February 28, 2021

Week 5- Half Day

Yasmine Mustafa 

2-25-2021


We are in week 5! The weeks are seriously flying by. This week was different compared to the previous weeks we've had. This week we had half  day! The kids were so excited, they were ready to log off before we even got started! In the morning, we began with our morning question which was, "Would you rather eat pizza or spaghetti?" It honestly surprised me how many kids disliked pizza. I loveeeeee pizza, especially as a kid. Anyways, the kids were off to art after that and my MT and I talked about how the rest of the day was going to go because it was a half day. When the kids rejoined, we had them break out into breakout rooms. The students read a story and were given parts that they had to act out while reading. They had a blast doing so! It made my day watching them imitate characters from the stories!


Since we were only able to put in a couple of hours, I was able to watch Atlas videos to make up the rest. Before doing so, my MT invited me to one of their meetings. She asked their principal, and he had stated that it would be great to have me see their planning and what they discuss. It was a pretty short meeting but, it was really fun meeting the other teachers and see what happens in different kinds of meetings. One of the teachers asked "Who is Yasmine Mustafa? Do we have a new staff member?" It was funny, I was able to introduce myself and let them know how I am working alongside my MT and how I am currently a student at Governor State University. My MT tried to have me in their breakout rooms with the other staff members but, unfortunately it did not work. She informed me that they were just discussing things for classes and told me she would inform me more if I was interested. My MT is truly great, she helps me out a lot and teaches me new things everyday.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...