Sunday, February 28, 2021

Week 5 - 1st Lesson! 1/2 day of school ! Happy birthday!

 


By Brenda Johnson

Today was very different! I thought my first lesson - math WG, it was a half day of school, and it was one of the student’s birthday. My MT had requested that students join the meet a little earlier because I was scheduled to begin at 9 AM (which was really when students start joining). Student were excited for this change and wondered what it was about. While we waited for other students to join the meet, students begin working on their DOL and the question of the day. My MT informed the students that we were going to have a guest in the room (Dr. K), but she was just going to be part of the class learning with us. When it was time for me to begin, I was nervous and worried about a couple of things - tech. issues, classroom management etc. Everything worked out well. There were no tech. issues, and we were able to take care of any behaviors/problems that came up during the lesson.   Students showed great interest in the topic and the activities I had planned. I taught them about currency around the world. When I began my lesson, I was not sure how it would go, but the kids helped make it a little easier for me and it became even easier as the lesson progressed. My MT was very helpful, among other things she informed me of kids that were raising their hands (since I could not see them while sharing my screen). I was able to continue with  and complete my lesson even when Dr. K left.

We celebrated one of the student’s birthday as a whole group. It was so much fun! I like my MT’s choices on ways to celebrate students’ birthdays virtually.  So, he picked his favorite songs, and we had those songs play in the background as we worked. There was also an all about me poster that helped us get to know the celebrant better. There was time allotted to asking the celebrant some questions. We also sang happy birthday to him and did the 2nd grade cheer. Although the day was short, it was packed with plenty exciting moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...