Thursday, February 18, 2021

Week 4 - MT's Birthday!

 Stefanie Flory 


February 18th, 2021

    Today was my MT's birthday and the children were SO excited!! When we logged on this morning, the students had created a Padlet to wish my MT a happy birthday and it was so sweet. My MT was so excited and the students loved it! We spend almost the first 30 minutes just talking with them and sharing thoughts and comments. It was a nice relaxing way of getting the morning rolling. One thing the children love is my MT's PenPal, Duck. Duck is a little stuffed animal that travels the world and writes to the children and MT, he made an appearance today and left a funny, cute video for my MT and the children really enjoyed it. I love that the children are so happy all the time regardless of having to be on the screen all day long! 

    Moving on, some things we did today was learn about British English words! It began with a whole group discussion about how objects can be called something else depending on where you live! We were able to do breakout rooms to discuss various words. I put the google slide below. To my surprise, the children knew SO much, even more than me! So it was nice to go into a break out room and have them tell me the various words and it was fun because the students got to debate so it was a lot of fun! 

Overall, it was yet another great day! I am SO excited for next week when I get to finally teach my first lesson!! Hope all goes well for me🙏


3 comments:

  1. Hi Stef! It sounds like you had such a fun and engaging morning! I love that you, your MT, and the students were all able to have a little bit of fun and relaxation before starting the day. I definitely think its needed sometimes. The lesson that was taught is SO interesting and I love that they are learning about other countries. Such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stef! Sounds like you all had a fun morning! I am glad you all got to have the free time before the day began. I find it funny how kids are becoming pretty advanced with learning and starting to out smart us, haha! Glad you are warming to up the kids and your MT, you're going to do great next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stefanie!

    It sounds like you had such a fun day! I love that you were able to relax and chat with the kids, that sounds like so much fun! I also love that lesson idea, that's a fun activity that the students got to learn about words used in other countries. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...