Thursday, February 25, 2021

Week 5: Half Day/Teach Day 2

 Sara Kent 

2-25-21


Today was an exciting day in the classroom. We had a half day of school and I taught my second lesson today. I taught my second literacy lesson. I decided to do it on the book "Corduroy" and have the kids answer some comprehension questions and then write/draw what they're favorite part if the story was. This lesson went much better than the first I think. It felt like I was more confident and prepared and the pacing was much better than last week. The kids were really into the story with many of them having already read it before. I really enjoyed the read aloud and having the kids take a guess about what would happen next. 

I also got to be apart of two separate break out rooms today which was nice. The first one I was in a break out room with about 4 kids for guided reading and I made sure they stayed on task and was there If they had any questions or needed any help. The second break out room I was a part of was for word work. I had about 4 kids in that room too and I helped them write out there words of the day. We stood up and jumped out each letter of each word and then we clapped it. It was a fun bonding experience with the kids. The kids were all so excited to get out early that many of them told me and MT about their afternoon plans. Overall, today went better than expected and I am getting more confident in my teaching and taking tips from my MT and Dr. Kelly. 



(This is was my example I showed the kids about how to tell about their favorite part of the story)



3 comments:

  1. Hey, your blog really enticed me, you have me pumped up to teach now. I agree with pacing, especially when trying to virtually maximize the time block we’re allotted teach. Keep it up with being aware of how your lessons are executed better- deriving from how you’ve taught prior, it’ll build your ability to futuristically teach effectively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **Correction to the second sentence:

      ... we’re allotted “to” teach.

      Delete
  2. Hey Sara! I am glad you are teaching and getting the children actively engaged in your lesson. Your lesson sounded like a great lesson and I am sure you did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...