Thursday, February 25, 2021

Week 5 - Half Day

February 25th, 2021

By: Kate Drish


Today was another great Thursday with the kiddos! Our school district scheduled a 1/2 day today so a lot of the lessons were cut a bit short. Of course, the students were excited to sign out of school by 12pm. My MT had told me that the teachers are going to be engaging in different professional development workshops regarding teaching hybrid classes after lunch. My MT also stated that Monday is the day that the school board will decide if the students are able to come back into the classroom. This is a huge step towards getting back to 'normal.' Well, I mean.. as normal as we can get. I know my MT is a bit nervous about going back since she will be teaching online and in person at the same time. She did say she was excited that I might be able to help her through this if we are allowed to experience FE hours in person. I feel as though teaching in person would be so beneficial for the students and for me! Teaching comes natural to me and doing it virtually has been quite the struggle. Fingers crossed that we get some good news soon! 


Class today focused on reading, writing, and math lessons. Lessons and independent work were not as long as usual, but the students were able to focus and get their assignments done. The students were also able to share their Black History Month projects towards the end of the school day. They have been working so hard on them and it was nice to see all their hard work! They all did such a great job with the information they collected regarding someone who contributed to black history. They had the choice to make a bottle buddy or a poster. Some students were so excited about the project that they created both! Below are some pictures showing the students' work! They are just so smart! 😃


A presentation on Martin Luther King Jr.


A student's bottle buddy project on Rosa Parks.



Also, this made my day!







1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate!
    Glad to hear you had a great day! I love the art projects the kids did for Black History Month! Such a cool thing to see. Also, the kids saying they love you in the chat box is just so sweet! I had a similar experience happen to me last week when a student said that I was a great teacher and that I was sweet. It made my day as well! It makes it all worth it for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...