Monday, February 15, 2021

Week 3: Technical difficulties

 By: Jamia Royal 

During this week of observation my MT was having technical difficulties for a large portion of the day. She was having trouble seeing all of the students, so I stepped in and asked what I could do to help her out. She asked if I could see all of the students and I said yes, she asked if I could call on students since I was able to see them all. I was glad to be able to assist the best way I could. I feel like the students are warming up to me which makes me very excited and more confident when it is time to teach my lesson. Since my lesson is on math I asked what would be the lesson during that time so I can start planning. I found out the students will be learning about regrouping, adding and subtracting. Over the weekend, I immediately start to think about my lesson and how I can make it as interactive as possible. She suggested to show the Eureka math video on YouTube which will help me with the lesson.

    I watched their math lesson very closely to see what the students already know, what they are learning and where some may struggle. The students were learning about tally marks and she had a cool saying "slide for 5" when it was time to make the fifth tally mark. The kids enjoyed saying that part when they were counting tallies. During the reading lesson, students were learning how to make connections, and make predictions in stories. They were also learning how to be kind. The students were anxious about the Valentine's day activities so they kept asking about them. Some self notes I took during this week is to try my best not to have any technical difficulties during my lesson. It may lose the students attention and I do not want to do that. My MT is very helpful and answers all questions I have about my future lessons. 




1 comment:

  1. Hello Jamia,

    The technical difficulties are challenging to manage. Since we started the semester, I did not have any problem with my internet. But this week, while I was teaching, because my connection was not stable, I was kicked out of the classroom. Out of all days, this week had to be the first! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...