Sunday, February 14, 2021

Week 3- Getting More Comfortable

February 14, 2021

By: Yasmine Mustafa

This is my third week joining my CT and her second grade class. After meeting with them for the third week now, I am super comfortable with them! These second graders are terrific. They are always engaging, excited, and eager to learn. I am truly grateful for this opportunity because I have learned so much just in these past two weeks. The second graders are always excited to see me, they enjoy having conversations with me, and getting to know more about me. They make me feel like I am their other teacher and they make me feel so welcomed in their class. 

My CT allowed me to get involved with the class more! I was able to read a story and explain more about how to read a story! My Ct provided me with numerous tips on how to keep the students engaged and it went really well. I was also able to do break out rooms and help the students who needed extra assistance in Math and Reading! I really enjoyed assisting them, it made me happy to see that they were actually learning and using the tips that I had for them. What I love about these experiences is that my CT actually has me involved and makes me feel like it is my classroom as well. She always asks me questions for my input and that means a lot because it means she truly values my opinion. She is always open to any questions I have as well. At first I was super nervous but, now I feel like I am ready to take on my lesson on Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Yasmine!
    Sounds like a great week with your MT and students! I'm glad the students make you feel welcomed and you are warming up! That should be a big help when it is time to teach your lesson. It was cool that you were able to do a read aloud and get tips from your MT, nice job! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...